UNESCO /ISEDC Fellowship Program 2021 – Russia. In this article, you shall be shown all that you need for the successful application of this scholarship. Keep reading to discover the eligibility, requirements, and how to apply below. The UNESCO Fellowship Program 2021 aims to provide students with the opportunity to participate in a short course depending on their chosen field of study.
In 2021, the UNESCO Category II International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow (Russian Federation) is accepting applications for twenty (20) four-week fellowships. This program is in keeping with the authorized UNESCO Programme and Budget for the Fellowships Program Section’s strategy and objectives.
The goal of this UNESCO fellowship program is to help to develop and transition countries build capacity and develop human resources in the field of sustainable and renewable energy sources.
Training activities in the framework of these fellowships are possible in Russian Federation specialized institutions. Russian will be the medium of instruction. The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) will accept applications from developing and transitional countries.
What is it about?
The aim of this fellowships programme is to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition. The training activities in the framework of these fellowships are tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. The medium of instruction will be English. UNESCO will solicit applications from the developing countries and countries in transition.
In line with the strategy and objectives of the approved UNESCO Programme and Budget for the Fellowships Programme Section, the UNESCO Category II International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow (Russian Federation) is offering twenty (20) fellowships of four weeks (4) duration each in 2020.
Level/Field of Study
It is a Short course fellowship, The candidates may choose to study in the following fields of study, which are aligned with UNESCO’s objectives and program priorities, as per approved 35 C/5 and in accordance with the decisions made by the Executive Board (161 EX/Decision 3.6.3 and 165 EX/Decision 8.6) :
(a) Energy and sustainable development;
(b) Ecological management of energy resources;
(c) Renewable energy;
The UNESCO/ISEDC Fellowship Programme 2021 is to be taken in Russia. If you are an international student and you wish to study in teh UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Eligible African Countries (46 States)
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
ARAB STATES (15 Member States)
Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania*, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan*, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen*
ASIA AND THE PACIFIC (39 Member States)
Afghanistan*, Bangladesh*, Bhutan*, Cambodia*, China, Cook Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran (the Islamic Republic of), Kazakhstan, Kiribati*, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic*, Malaysia, Maldives*, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar*, Nauru, Nepal*, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa*, Solomon Islands*, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor – Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu*, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu*, Viet Nam
LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN (32 Member States)
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia (plurinational State of), Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti*, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
EUROPE (22 Member States)
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Montenegro, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Serbia, Romania, Slovak Republic, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, and Ukraine
Benefits By ISEDC:
- Beneficiaries will be exempt from paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training;
- Fellows will undertake studies/training under the supervision of an advisor or study director that will be provided by the host institution;
- The donor Government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis, in local currency. The stipend amounting to four hundred seventy-five (475) US dollars is intended to cover living expenses such as accommodation, meals, pocket expenses, and incidentals. The donor will determine the amount of the stipend to be granted to beneficiaries;
- ISEDC will assist in obtaining modest housing for the fellows.
Benefits by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover the cost of the round-trip international travel at the most economical rate and the most direct flight.
- UNESCO will pay a one-time travel allowance amounting to US$100 (one hundred US dollars) prior to the fellows’ departure for the Russian Federation.
- Health insurance. To avail of this entitlement, beneficiaries should be declared medically fit by the UNESCO Medical Service that examines the complete medical dossiers.
- No provisions can be made to finance or lodge the fellows’ family members.
- Beneficiaries will be required to submit to UNESCO a short progress report co-signed with the academic supervisor at the end of the first month and a final report upon termination of the fellowship. These reports could be written in English or in French and copies of which will be furnished to ISEDC.
Selected fellows from countries where there are Russian Federation Embassies or Consulates must obtain their entry visa in their country prior to their departure.
Fellows from countries where no such embassy/consulate exists must secure their visa through the nearest country where the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation can be found.
UNESCO and ISEDC provide no allowance to defray passport and visa expenses.
UNESCO/ISEDC Fellowship Program Eligibility:
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
(a) A holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
(b) Proficient in the English language;
(c) Not more than 35 years of age;
Duration of Award: One-month duration:
How to Apply For UNESCO /ISEDC Fellowship Program 2021 – Russiam :
(a) All applications should be endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO and must be duly completed in English or French with the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- The prescribed UNESCO fellowship application form;
- Six photographs;
- Certified photocopies of Diplomas
- Certificate of Russian Language proficiency – a minimum of 500 hours of language training (if Russian is not the mother tongue or was the language of instruction for some years of study);
- Subsequently, for those who have been selected, the UNESCO medical examination form duly completed by a recognized physician (not more than four months before the actual date of studies)
The prescribed form of which will be sent along with the letter of award.
(b) Files which are incomplete or received after the deadline for the submission of applications and candidatures, and do not fulfill the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
(c) Each invited Member State is requested to nominate not more than two (2) candidates.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details
UNESCO Fellowship Program Application Deadline
The deadline for the previous edition was 3 April and we expect this year’s United Nations Fellowship to be within the same time frame. therefore applicants are by this post to put together all the required documents because they can come anytime.
Application Link for UNESCO /ISEDC Fellowship Program 2021 – Russia
For more information on dis UNESCO Fellowship Programme 2021, interested applicants should click on the link below: