The 2020/2021 Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Awards Scheme is now available. All suitable and qualified individuals is required to apply.
The SPDC invites applications from appropriately qualified full-time Nigerian students admitted in the 2019/2020 academic session for the SPDC JV University scholarship grants, which are intended to promote academic performance among young Nigerians, particularly those from less wealthy homes.
Feel free to read through this post to learn everything you need to know about this scholarship award, including the eligibility requirements, application deadline, etc.
About Shell NNPC/SPDC scholarship
Shell is Nigeria’s oldest energy company and has a long-term and continuing commitment to the country, its people, and the economy. Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with an average of 93,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future.
The objective of the SPDC JV scholarship programs is to develop Nigeria’s talent for the future.
Who is Qualified to Apply for the Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Awards Scheme
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States
Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Awards Scheme Requirements:
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in on accredited course in and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level (as at December 2020) or possess proof of admission into undergraduate programme in the 2019/2020 academic session
How to apply for Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Awards Scheme
- All applicants should have valid personal email account for the purpose of correspondence for this application.
- All applications must be done online, visit the application website at: https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/ to apply.
- Applicants for the Areas of Operation Merit Award are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, stamped and signed by government-recognised:
- The paramount chief/traditional head of the community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or the Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
Adress the letters to:
Social Performance & Social Investment
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG