Pan African University Scholarships, 2021-2022. The Pan African University is currently seeking applications from young, competent, and inventive students from African countries and the African Diaspora for master’s and doctorate programs in the Pan African University Scholarships, 2021–2022.
For the Pan African community, encouraging student research in the quest of political and economic stability in Africa is an excellent illustration of what it looks like to be doing
About Pan African University (Historical Development)
The Pan African University was conceptualized in 2008, as part of implementation of the Plan of Action for the Second Decade of Education for Africa, to support the revitalization of higher education in Africa, and contribute to the achievement of the vision of the African Union. In 2009, a High Level Panel of eminent African Professors was established to help in the development of operationalization instruments that were endorsed by the Conference of Ministers of Education of the African Union in November 2009. The Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the African Union made a Decision to establish the Pan African University (PAU) in 2010, and on December 14th, 2011, the AUC launched PAU as a flagship continental initiative. The Pan African University’s Statute was adopted by the Assembly in January 2013 and the revised PAU Statute was adopted in January 2016.
The Pan African University (PAU) was inspired and driven by major policy frameworks of the AUC, including the Vision of the African Union, the Second Decade of Education, and the Consolidated Plan of Action for Science and Technology. It is the culmination of continental initiatives of the African Union Commission to revitalize higher education and research in Africa. It is a project designed to exemplify excellence, enhance the attractiveness, local relevance and global competitiveness of African higher education and research, and establishes the Pan African University at the core of Africa’s development.
The African Union Commission identified critical themes within the five institutes of the Pan African University, as key to the development of Africa and attainment of the vision of the African Union. These are hosted in the different PAU Institutes as follows:
- Water and Energy Sciences (including Climate Change) (PAUWES, Algeria);
- Basic Science, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI, Kenya);
- Life and Earth Sciences (PAULESI, Nigeria);
- Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS, Cameroon);
- and Space Sciences (PAUSS, South Africa).
The PAU operates under the direction of the AUC Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, as one University managed by a singular Rectorate, with a Senate supervised by a Council.
Each PAU institute is headed by a Director. Staff of PAU Institutes include: academic and administrative staff who work within Departments and other units related to teaching, research extension activities and administration. Each Institute has a Board chaired by the Director and is responsible for the supervision of the academic, administrative, and financial management of the institute.
To date, PAU has graduated 1249 students from all over the continent and is currently enrolling students for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Eligibility & Requirments for Pan African University Scholarships, 2021-2022
Applicants enrolling into the Pan African University Scholarships 2021 must meet the following requirements:
Masters Students must satisfy the following conditions;
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school),
- National passport (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph(2cmx2cm);
- Detailed CV;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors
- A letter of motivation justifying why you want to pursue your study at the PAU.
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after preselection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programs are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese).
Applicants into the Doctoral Programmes must satisfy the following conditions;
- A Masters degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts,
- Copy of Passport (personal details page);
- A 3 to 4-page research concept note (tentative title, research questions, objectives, the significance of the research, etc…)
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detailed CV
- A letter of motivation justifying why you want to pursue your study at the University;
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants.
The Scholarships are available to pursue Master and Doctoral degree program in the following field of study;
Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Mathematics (Financial/Computational/Statistics), Civil Engineering (Structural/Arid and Semi-Arid Land option), Electrical Engineering (Telecommunications/Power Systems option), Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geosciences (Mineral Exploration/Petroleum Geosciences option), Health Sciences (Reproductive Health/Reproductive Biology option), Plant Breeding, Environmental Management, Phytochemistry & Medicinal plants, Sports Sciences (Sports Development and management Studies option), Veterinary medicine (avian medicine/vaccine production & Management option ), Governance and Regional Integration, Trans-Border languages (Kiswahili option), Conference Interpreting, Translation, Water (Engineering/Policy option), Energy (Engineering/policy option)
The scholarship is available to all African Students living in African countries and Africans in other countries.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarships of the Pan-African university must be taken in the following institutions
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology, and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya
- The Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI), Nigeria
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II and the University of Buea, Cameroon
- PAU Institute for Water and Energy Sciences – including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in Africa, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for Africa students
The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to successful African candidates. Scholarship awardees should work in Africa after graduation.
Pan African University Scholarships in 2021 has no specific number of offers.
Scholarship Application Procedures
They should complete applications online at pau-au.net.
However, there should be a download of the application forms at the following address: http://pau-au.net. Also, interested applicants should go through the Program guidelines before applying.
Application Deadline of Pan African University Scholarships
The call for applications is usually opened from May to June every year. Applications received after this period will not be considered. Further inquiries can be made through [email protected]