NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for Nigerian ICT Students 2021/2022. Nigeria’s Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) has established a Scholarship Scheme to assist students pursuing Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) at both public and private universities in Nigeria since 2010. The Scholarship Scheme is designed to assist students pursuing Masters (MSc) and Doctorate degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology in Nigerian (Government and Private) universities since 2010.
In order to foster information technology skills at the doctorate and master’s degree levels, the scholarship program was established.
Specifically, the scholarships are intended for two people from each Federal State, including the Federal Capital Territory, at the master’s level, and one person from each country’s geographical zone at the doctoral level.
As a result, Nigerians will be able to expand their human potential in crucial areas of information technology.
This scholarship program is only open to applicants who wish to study at any of Nigeria’s higher education institutions, including federal, state, and private colleges; it is not open to students who wish to study at international universities.
The Master’s programme will run for one year and the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
The NITDA Scholarship Scheme is only available for students who are citizens and residents of Nigeria.
For the Candidate to be eligible for NITDA Scholarship Scheme, he/she must fulfil the following requirements.
- Students must be a citizen of Nigeria
- must be willing to study in any of the higher institutions either federal, state or private universities in Nigeria.
- PhD Candidates: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
- Masters Candidates: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, (BSc) in Information Technology related field.
- A comprehensive Aptitude Test will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the Award. Only candidates who are found eligible will be Short listed.
- The scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is evenly distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 States and FCT for MSc.
The registration period is six (6) weeks from the date of the Newspaper publication. So, the deadline is 6 weeks after the opening date 21st November.