MTN Foundation Scholarships 2021 for Nigerian Students. The MTN Foundation Scholarship application process for the academic years 2021-2022 is now open! A remarkable chance exists for students already enrolled in any Nigerian institution, polytechnic, or institute of education to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity.
It is the mission of the MTN Foundation Scholarship to recognize and reward academic achievement by offering financial assistance to students who would otherwise be unable to pay for their future education expenses.
We recommend that you read this article in its entirety before applying so that you are fully aware of all of the information of this award, including who is eligible, how much the scholarship is worth, how to apply, when the application deadline is, and other important things to consider.
About The MTN Scholarship
MTN Scholarships under the Youth Development Cause, is an annual award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high performing students in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions:
MTN Science and Technology Scholarship, currently in its 12th year, is open to eligible 300 level students studying Science & Technology-related courses, in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education). 300 successful students are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation if they maintain the required grades.
MTN Scholarship for Blind Students in its 10th year is targeted at qualified 200 level blind students studying any course in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education). 60 successful blind students are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation if they maintain the required grades.
Top 10 UTME Scholarship which commenced in 2020, is the latest addition to the MTN Scholarships. Every year the top 10 scoring candidates of UTME as announced by JAMB, automatically qualify for the top 10 UTME scholarship. The successful candidates are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 from their 100 level through to graduation if they maintain the required grades. The Top 10 UTME Scholarship is awarded irrespective of the successful candidates’ preferred course of study or Tertiary Institution – Public or Private in Nigeria.
The scholarship is worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation if you maintain the required grades.
Eligibility for MTN Foundation Scholarships 2021 for Nigerian Students
To qualify for MTN Scholarships, you must meet the following criteria:
School of Study
- Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education
Level of Study
- MTN Science and Technology Scholarship– 300 level students
- MTN Scholarship for Blind Students– 200 level students
- Top 10 UTME Scholarship– 100 level students
Available Courses for MTN Foundation Scholarships 2021 for Nigerian Students
All Science & Technology-related courses including the following:
Scholarship Requirments for MTN Foundation Scholarships 2021 for Nigerian Students
Applicant’s details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- The valid Student ID card
- Proof of CGPA(For undergraduate students)
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
How to Apply for MTN Foundation Scholarships 2021 for Nigerian Students
To apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship successfully, follow the procedures below.
- Visit the MTN scholarship website and fill out a form for each qualified category.
- Complete the form for the category you’ve chosen (The Scholarship Application form Contains over 5 Sections which include; personal information, UTME Information, Course Information, and Family Background)
- Begin with your personal details (Your surname, First Name, Middle Name, Gender, date of birth, and others)
- Personal Address, Email, Phone Number, and Passport Upload are all covered in the second section. Make sure you follow all of the instructions in each section of the form.
- When you’ve finished filling out the form, click “SUBMIT.”
- Please verify the form before submitting to ensure that all of the information is right.