Master of Data Science Entry Scholarships for International Students, Australia 2021. International students can apply for scholarships at the University of Sydney starting in 2021. Scholarships are offered for high-achieving students beginning their Masters in Data Science (MDS) program.
You must also complete the university’s English language standards for postgraduate courses if English is not your first language.
About The University of Sydney
The University of Sydney (USYD, or informally Sydney Uni) is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. The university is one of Australia’s six sandstone universities. The university comprises eight academic faculties and university schools, through which it offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees.
The QS World University Rankings ranked the university as one of the world’s top 25 universities for academic reputation, and top 4 in the world and first in Australia for graduate employability. It is one of the first universities in the world to admit students solely on academic merit, and opened their doors to women on the same basis as men.
Five Nobel and two Crafoord laureates have been affiliated with the university as graduates and faculty. The university has educated seven Australian prime ministers, two governors-general of Australia, thirteen Premiers of New South Wales including incumbent Premier Dominic Perrottet, and 24 justices of the High Court of Australia, including four chief justices. The university has produced 110 Rhodes Scholars and 19 Gates Scholars.
The University of Sydney is a member of the Group of Eight, CEMS, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Wikipedia
Level/Field of study:
Scholarships are available for pursuing Masters of Data Science (MDS) degree program in the field of Data Science.
The scholarship is hosted by the University of Sydney, Australia.
There are other Australian Scholarships available for International students in 2021.
You can use these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2021 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
The scholarship is open to international students.
Aside from The Data Science Masters Scholarships for International Students 2021, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The scholarship is worth $6,000 and is tenable for one year only.
The number of offers was not specified.
Eligibility & Requirements for Master of Data Science Entry Scholarships for International Students, Australia 2021:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must have an unconditional admission offer for the Master of Science in Information from the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology of the University of Sydney.
- Applicants must be graduates of a quantitative degree program. A quantitative program includes information science, computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, and finance or other disciplines considered quantitative by the academic director of the school in question. As an indication, a quantitative discipline program must include at least 12 credits in mathematics or tertiary level statistics.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum grade point average (equivalent to 75 at the University of Sydney) during their university studies. If a candidate has completed postgraduate studies besides an undergraduate program, they must have an average of distinction in both programs, unless it does not relate the undergraduate degree to quantitative studies.
- Students who have already begun their studies in any of the programs mentioned above, the faculty or transferring one of these programs from a graduate program to one of these programs are not eligible. In your native language, you must meet the English language requirements of the university for graduate courses.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
How to Apply for Master of Data Science Entry Scholarships for International Students, Australia 2021
The mode of applying is online.
The deadline for the offer is June 24, every year.