Looking for a scholarship check out the Lane Kirkland Scholarships in Poland 2021 here on this page. The eligible countries, nationalities, scholarship requirements, and how to apply have been provided below.
Kirkland Lane is a neighborhood in Kirkland, Washington. Young leaders with a Master’s (or equivalent) university degree are eligible to apply for the studentships, which include two semesters of study at Polish universities and two or more weeks of professional internships in the public and private sectors. Applicants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine are eligible for these positions.
The awards are designed to help candidates who are committed to actively participating in the development of democracy, the economy, and civil society in their nations and regions.
The Polish-American Foundation’s mission is to help Poland build civil society, democracy, and a free-market economy.
About Lane Kirkland Scholarships in Poland
For the past 21 years, the L. Kirkland Scholarship Program has supported the personal development of young, ambitious, and active people from Eastern Europe, the South Caucasus, and Central Asia. Almost 900 alumni have participated in the program since its inception in 2000. Members of the government, lawmakers, executives from large international firms, executives from local government organizations, and well-known social activists are among the alumni. The Polish-American Freedom Foundation is the program’s originator and founder. The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange also contributes to the program’s funding (NAWA).
Two semesters of study in one of five Polish academic centers (Warsaw, Cracow, Wrocaw, Poznaw, Lublin) and at least two weeks of professional internship in state, private, and non-governmental organizations are available through the program. A comprehensive training and workshop program is also available through the program. The program is aimed towards university-educated young leaders and specialists who are concerned about the growth of democracy, the economy, and civil society in their countries and the region.
==>Kirkland beneficiaries receive a monthly stipend of 1800 PLN for nine months.
==>Access to academic courses is provided free of charge.
==>The Program Administrator also gives the following (worth approximately 4200 PLN each month):
For nine months, you will be based in Poland.
==>Medical outpatient care, treatment expenditures in the event of an emergency, and civil liability insurance are all covered by health insurance.
==>a round-trip ticket to Poland (up to agreed amount)
==>Cards for public transit; visa fees; study materials (up to $2700 per year)
==>Participation in the grantees’ conventions and the orientation program, as well as a Polish language course (October- May).
- Nationality: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine
- Number of Awards: Not given
- The award can be taken in Poland
Eligibility and Requirement for Lane Kirkland Scholarships in Poland 2021:
Eligible Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland and people living or working in Poland when applying for a scholarship are ineligible)
- Master’s degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- At least two years between any previous foreign scholarships (lasting longer than 6 months) and
English Language Requirements: Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project. During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level. Studies within the Kirkland Program are realized in Polish or English (studies in English are not possible for candidates from Belarus and Ukraine), however, only in Polish it is possible to fully use the educational offer at Polish universities and the professional internship offered in program.
How to Apply for Lane Kirkland Scholarships in Poland 2021
see the step-by-step guidelines on how to apply for this scholarship below.
- Application form online
- detailed personal questionnaire
- the proposed program of study in Poland explaining the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program and including the future plans connected with its completion (not exceeding 4,000-6,000 characters with spaces)
- After the online application is completed, the system will generate a confirmation document that needs to be printed.
- The signed page together with the attached current photograph of the candidate should be scanned and sent by e-mail together with two reference letters and a copy of the graduation diploma to the following address: [email protected]