Griffith University Chancellor’s Scholarships In Australia, 2021. Applications for Chancellor Scholarships in Australia are being accepted by Griffith University and the Commonwealth Government. Australian citizens, permanent residents, permanent humanitarian visa holders, and New Zealand citizens are eligible for these scholarships.
The Chancellor Scholarships are for students who are financially challenged and/or educationally disadvantaged, and whose ability to achieve their full potential has been hampered.
Griffith University is one of the top 3% of universities in the world. The objective of Griffith University is to provide outstanding scholarships that make a meaningful contribution to society and to promote creative research.
At Griffith, we believe in, strive for and celebrate the Remarkable
The remarkable people who better our world, the remarkable experiences that transform people and communities, and the remarkable contributions that change the future forever.
We know success often comes from being an exception to the norm—challenging convention, adapting and innovating, creating bold new trends and pioneering solutions ahead of their time. At Griffith, remarkable is the norm.
Since we started teaching over 40 years ago, we’ve been deeply connected to the Asian region, socially conscious and environmentally aware, an integral part of the community and heavily industry focused. We’ve also become a comprehensive, research-intensive university, ranking in the top 2% of universities worldwide.
Our teaching and research spans six campuses in South East Queensland and all disciplines, while our network of more than 200,000 graduates extends around the world.
We’re proud of our remarkable achievements, of our people and their passion for making a positive difference
A highly ranked university with an international outlook, we’re deeply connected to our community and value our place in it.
Our research excellence, innovative teaching and learning practices, along with our strong ties to industry, make us one of the leading providers of higher education in the Asia–Pacific.
We also continue the progressive traditions of our namesake, Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice the Premier of Queensland, the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia, and the principal author of the Australian Constitution.
LEVEL / FIELD OF Study
The scholarship is open for an undergraduate student (this includes school leavers and non-school leavers, commencing and continuing students) awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
This scholarship is to be taken in Australia.
Scholarships are available to Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen are eligible to apply.
The scholarship will cover:
- Chancellor’s Accommodation Scholarship, maximum value $22,000, for a maximum of eight payments
- Chancellor’s Education Costs Scholarship, a maximum value of $11,000, for a maximum of eight payments
- Kombumerri People Accommodation Scholarship, maximum value $22,000, for a maximum of eight payments
- Kombumerri People Education Costs Scholarship, maximum value $11,000, for a maximum of eight payments
- Neville Bonner Scholarship, maximum value $2,500, for one trimester
Griffith University Chancellor’s Scholarships Eligibility:
To be eligible, you must:
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident, holder of a permanent or New Zealand permanent humanitarian visa
- be a domestic undergraduate student (this includes school leavers and non-school leavers, commencing and continuing students)
- demonstrate financial disadvantage by either: being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment; or a comprehensive assessment by the University.
- not have completed the requirements for an Australian Bachelor award unless such an award is a pre-requisite to their undergraduate program of enrolment and there is no alternate pathway into that program.
Griffith University Chancellor’s Scholarships Application procedure:
To be eligible for this Australian scholarship, you must complete the following sections of the application:
Details of the study
- Secondary education history (commencing students)
- Program (continuing students)
- Income and expenditure
The assessment is made on the basis of an assessment in accordance with the following five categories:
- Financial hardship
- Home environment and responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Personal illness and disability
- Educational disruption.
How to Apply for Griffith University Chancellor’s Scholarships In Australia, 2021:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:https://www.griffith.edu.au/scholarships/before-you-apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 30, each year.