Federal Govt Scholarship for Undergraduate, HND, NCE, and Postgraduate 2021. In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions, the Federal Government Scholarship Plan encompasses the following programs: Postgraduate (PG) Award, Undergraduate (UG) Award, Higher National Diploma (HND) Award, and National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award.
- The scholarship is valid in Nigeria and begins at the start of each academic session. If it is not used within this time frame, it will expire.
- It cannot be held concurrently with another Award, nor can it be used for part-time studies.
- It is not possible to change courses, levels, or the awarding institution.
- The scholarship stipend is intended to cover the following expenses: tuition, fees, and personal maintenance allowance.
- Science and Technology.
- Medicine and Para-medicals.
- Science Subjects with Education.
- Arts and other Subjects with Education.
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- HND (Science and Technology).
The Scholarship Worth
- Under-Graduate Scholars N150, 000 per annum
- Post-Graduate Scholars N180, 000 per annum
- HND N100, 000 per annum
- NCE N100, 000 per annum
Requirements for Federal Govt Scholarship for Undergraduate, HND, NCE, and Postgraduate 2021
- a) SCHOLARSHIP FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
A FIRST OR SECOND CLASS UPPER DIVISION IN THEIR FIRST DEGREE IS REQUIRED OF ALL APPLICANTS FOR A POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP.
- (c) SCHOLARSHIP FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
All applicants for an undergraduate scholarship must be in their second or higher year of study and have a cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.) of at least 4.0 on a 5-point scale or equivalent in prior academic years’ examinations.
- d) SCHOLARSHIP FOR HND:
At the ND level, all applicants must have a minimum 3.5 CGPA (Upper Credit Pass). HND 1 AND HND II are covered under the award.
- c) SCHOLARSHIP FOR NCE:
The award is for students in their second and third years of the NCE program who have achieved a least 3.5 CGPA on a 5-point scale or its equivalent in previous examinations.
How To Apply
1. All applicants MUST fill the online version of the Application form first and submit it online.
2. All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit the Federal Scholarship Board’s website:
- Click on Application Center
- Candidates are meant to register by creating a username and password
- A Validation Link would be sent to your mailbox
- Click the link
- Login in
- Click on the Nigerian Award Tab
- Read Requirements & Instructions, and continue
- Print completed Application Form and bring a copy to the interview venue
- Letter of admission to the institution you are studying.
- Course Registration
- Identity Card
- Last sessional examination result
- One (1) passport-size photograph