Douglas College Entrance Scholarships for International Students in Canada 2021/2022 application guide, scholarship eligibility & requirements, method of application, national and further details on the award have been provided below.
For the academic year 2021-2022, Douglas College is giving Entrance Scholarships to outstanding applicants. The program is open to international students who will begin their undergraduate degree studies in a Canadian college.
Every year, the college will award opportunity entrance scholarships to new students around the world (international students) who have demonstrated academic success in their past studies.
Douglas College is one of British Columbia’s largest public universities. The college, which was founded in 1970, annually serves 14,000 credit students, 9,000 continuing education students, and 1,400 overseas students.
Douglas offers the most bachelor’s degrees and post-degree programs of any college in B.C., and is noted for combining the academic foundations of a university with the career-ready skills of a college. Each year, close to 17,000 students (including 4,210 international students from over 92 countries) take for-credit courses at Douglas. Because of the college’s strong academic base, the majority of these for-credit courses transfer to different research universities in B.C. and across Canada, providing students with flexible pathways to reach their academic goals.
Douglas also offers hundreds of short-term, high-quality non-credit courses, programs and workshops to around 8,500 students through Continuing Education and The Training Group, in areas such as business, music, health, perinatal, career development, industry training and more.Over 960 experienced, teaching-focused faculty bring both academic rigor and real-world experience to the classroom at Douglas. Outside the classroom, over 900 other employees work together to create a friendly, inspiring, supportive and respectful environment.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
- Course Level: Undergraduate programme
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Awards: Varies
- Number of Awards: Number of Awards
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Canada
Eligibility & Requirements for Douglas College Entrance Scholarships for International Students in Canada 2021/2022
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: Two categories of entrance scholarships available for Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters at Douglas College:
- Regional Entrance Awards:
- Available to students from- CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia.
- To be eligible, students must have applied to Douglas College by the official semester application deadline listed below.
- Successful recipients typically have an above-average GPA (80% or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
- The scholarship will be applied towards the recipient’s 2nd-semester tuition fees at Douglas College.
- Douglas International Merit-Based Scholarships:
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community and/or personal development.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these endowments.
- Successful recipients will be notified of their award prior to arrival at Douglas College. The scholarship will be applied towards the recipient’s 2nd-semester tuition fees at Douglas College.
How to Apply for Douglas College Entrance Scholarships for International Students in Canada 2021/2022
How to Apply:
- Regional Entrance Awards: No separate application necessary. Students will automatically be assessed upon application to Douglas College and submit it to the Douglas College International Admissions Room 2800
?00 Royal Ave New Westminster BC, V3M 5Z5.
- Douglas International Merit-Based Scholarships: Separate application required. Applicants must complete the entrance scholarship form and email along with all supporting documents to [email protected]
- English Language Requirements: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
The college will provide the award amount of up to $20,000 in two categories for the Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters for the students.