Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan for Nigerians – 2021. As a typical Nigerian who has witnessed the positive effects of proper education in his community, his reach has been limited, owing to economic uncertainty.
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan for Nigerians who want to study in the United Kingdom has been introduced by the Department of International Development to assist you in pursuing your dream.
The scholarship is designed to cultivate brilliance in individuals with a strong desire to pioneer global-impacting inventions.
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must;
- Possess citizenship of any Commonwealth country.
- Have permanent residency in any Commonwealth country.
- Have at least five years of experience either full or part-time working in a profession related to the fellowship.
- Be currently employed at the time of application and a promise to return at the end of the fellowship.
- Never have been a beneficiary of the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years.
- Not be seeking an academic program of research or study in the U.K. as there is a different scheme for it.
- Be available to partake in the fellowship which will have a duration of one month which lies between February 10, 2020, and March 10, 2020.
Selection Criteria & Requirments for Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan for Nigerians – 2021
The selection criteria will be heavily influenced by;
The fellowship’s scope in terms of ensuring the delegation of appropriate skills to the Fellow’s country’s needs.
The extent to which the abilities will result in tangible benefits for the home country when the fellowship has ended.
The extent to which the fellowship will have a lingering influence, either within the home nation or in forging new ties with the United Kingdom.
Value of Commonwealth Professional Fellowship
The fellowship will provide the following:
- Flights from the fellow’s home country to the United Kingdom.
- During the fellowship, you will receive a monthly living allowance.
- Arrival allowance, which includes clothing and payment of visa application fees.
- Fee that will be paid to the hosting organization based on the duration specified.
- Flat-rate contribution that covers all of the necessary materials for the fellow to attend sessions.
The application deadline is Friday 20th September, 2019.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan for Nigerians – 2021
In submitting your application for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship, there are five stages. These stages include;
- The prospective host organization must first submit an application to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission through the online application portal.
- Your application will be reviewed by a select group of panel members who will forward the results to the relevant organizations.
- As a successful applicant, you will be invited to apply for a program at a specific host organization using the online application form.
- The names of two to five fellows will be submitted by each host organization.
- The commission will independently make its selection on individuals for this fellowship.
The official link for sending in your application for this fellowship program is displayed below.