Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD At the University of Newcastle In Australia 2021. It is with great pleasure that the University of Newcastle Australia announces the availability of university and Commonwealth government scholarships for international students pursuing research master’s and doctoral degrees at the university. Apply as soon as possible!!!
Full-time research students are entitled to apply for scholarships from the University and the Commonwealth Government, which are awarded in a single primary round of competition. They give you with a living allowance so that you can devote your time to full-time education.
As an applicant, it appears that you stand to gain significantly more from this award than you put forward in your application. To learn more about the eligibility requirements, please continue reading.
In the past, almost 90 percent of international students have received a scholarship from the University of Newcastle or a sponsor.
Why the University of Newcastle?
The University of Newcastle is a research-intensive university with a vibrant and progressive research culture. As a University of Newcastle graduate researcher you will be part of a dynamic community committed to making significant contributions to knowledge that impact our world.
You will join some of the very best researchers in the world, and be provided with the facilities, supervision, freedom and connections to flourish on the global stage.
The current rankings place in the top echelon of world-class universities. This is a testament to the achievements of our researchers and students who continually succeed on the world stage.
The University values are intrinsic to all that we do. They drive our research and define our purpose. As a University of Newcastle graduate researcher you will be part of a dynamic community committed to making significant contributions to knowledge that impact the world we live in.
Want to be part of something big? Our areas of research strength have scale and span discipline, regional and national boundaries.
- Health and Medical
- Science and Engineering
- Energy and the Environment
- Humanities and Social Science
- Creative Arts
- Business and Law
Learn more about our research degrees.
Boost your career.
A higher degree by research will give added impetus to your chosen career path. It will also open up exciting new pathways for you to explore. At the University of Newcastle you will be located within a dynamic research precinct interconnected with local, national and global industry.
Our region is being defined by its innovation and we are at its epicentre. Our Doctoral Training Centres connect researchers with industry partners, and support the production of impactful research outcomes and life-ready graduates.
Our Global Impact Clusters are a means of facilitating meaningful, collaborative research for staff and students on an international scale. They are founded on the concept of multi-disciplinarily and high impact. This positions the University of Newcastle at the forefront of the future economy, where rapid technological and societal shifts will demands research partnerships that reach across specialisms and national boundaries.
Type: Masters, PhD
To be taken at (country): University of Newcastle, Australia
Value of Scholarship: A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides:
- An annual living allowance $26, 682 per annum (2017 rate – indexed annually)
The scholarship may also include:
- A relocation allowance (up to $1,500)
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) (international students and their dependents)
Eligible Countries: International
Eligibility and Requirements for Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD At the University of Newcastle In Australia 2021:
To be eligible for scholarship candidate must:
- A written statement of support from a UON supervisor
- Have satisfied the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5, 7.0 in some disciplines)
- met admission eligibility criteria
- Be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the scholarship closing date in which you are applying.
Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have:
- A master degree with a strong research component
- International peer-reviewed research publication or research experience
How to Apply for Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD At the University of Newcastle In Australia 2021
- Currently, enrolled candidates can apply for a scholarship by contacting researchscholarships[@]newcastle.edu.au
- New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for admission.
Application Deadline: 16th February
Important Notes: ensure you attach the following documents to support your scholarship application:
- Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
- Curriculum Vitae
- Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience/study
- Any additional documents that may add to your scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.