ACEM International Scholarships for Developing Countries 2021. Applications for the College International Scholarship are currently being accepted online. In order to encourage doctors and other health professionals from developing countries to attend the ACEM ASM and submit their findings, the ACEM International Scholarships are available.
The ACEM International Scholarships 2021 are awarded a total of AUD$50,000 in prize money. Make sure to take your time and go through this post since the Globe Scholarships Team has put together all of the information you’ll need to earn one of the ACEM Scholarships.
The International Scholarship aims to increase awareness and support for emergency medicine in developing countries. By nomination of a FACEM or trainee, the scholarship is designed to help increase the recipient’s skills and understanding of emergency medicine systems and standards throughout Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Scholarship may include visiting emergency departments within Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand to help increase the scholarship recipients’ skills and understanding of emergency medicine systems and standards throughout Australasia.
NOTE: ACEM Stands for Advancing Emergency Medicine. Let’s see the scholarship in more detail so you can apply for it below.
Details About The ACEM International Scholarships
Field of Study
The ACEM International Scholarships 2021 is a Short Course/Training for college students.
The ACEM International Scholarships is hosted in Australia. There are other Australia Scholarships available for International students in 2021.
You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2021 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
ACEM Scholarships are open to students from developing countries.
Aside from The ACEM International Scholarships 2021, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
- AUD$8,000 per recipient, with a maximum of AUD$50,000.
- The scholarship is to be used to cover the return economy-class airfares, visa, accommodation, travel, and living expenses while the recipient(s) are in Australia or New Zealand.
- The Scholarship may include visiting emergency departments within Australia and New Zealand to help increase the scholarship recipients’ skills and understanding of emergency medical systems and standards throughout Australasia.
- The recipients are presented with a certificate of the scholarship at the College Ceremony held in November every year.
- Present at the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Actual or potential leadership capacity in emergency medicine in the nominee’s country
- Engagement in an area of work that would benefit from the opportunities and learning experiences at the ASM
- Explanation of the value of the scholarship for the nominee, their environment and their country
- Well-established relationships with FACEMs and is from a country with strong linkages with Fellows of the College
- Have a reference from a Fellow or trainee of ACEM.
Eligibility For ACEM International Scholarships for Developing Countries 2021
To be eligible to nominate the nominator:
- Must either be a Fellow or trainee of ACEM in good standing of the College
- Have developed linkages with the nominee through previous international emergency medicine development activities in the nominee’s country
- Willing to accept responsibility for arranging a suitable program for the nominee (in liaison with the International Emergency Medicine Committee Administrator)
- Attend both the ACEM College Ceremony and ASM as a personal host of the nominee.
To be nominated, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A doctor or other health professional from developing countries
- An actual or potential leader in the development of emergency medicine in their country
- Secured a committed sponsor who will host them and arrange their program
- Present on the challenges and opportunities relating to the development of emergency medicine in their country at the ACEM Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) in the relevant year
- Give permission for ACEM to use their ASM presentation, and personal and professional information, including a photograph, for the purposes of publishing in the ASM program and other promotional material
- Is able to apply for his/her visa to travel to Australia/New Zealand prior to 31 July in the year of the application.
Selection Criteria: A Panel from the International Emergency Medicine Committee reviews applications and the ACEM Foundation awards the scholarship, all based on the following criteria:
- Scope for the FACEM sponsor (or other FACEMs) to support the development of emergency medicine in the nominee’s country
- From region which is a priority for the College
- Doesn’t have significant support from other sources
- No previous record of attendance at any major emergency medicine conference(s).
- Responsible for arranging a suitable program for the scholar (in liaison with the International Emergency Medicine Committee Administrator)
- Provide a report detailing the scholar’s experience to the ACEM Foundation by 1 February of the year following the scholarship.
Duration of Program: The expected length of stay is seven (7) days.
How To Apply For ACEM International Scholarships for Developing Countries 2021
If the nominator and nominee meet the selection criteria above.
- Read the full terms and conditions
- Complete the application form by 5th May and provide the necessary document
- Email the application to ACEM.
Deadline For The Application Of ACEM Scholarships 2021
The Application deadline for the ACEM Scholarships 2021 is on May 5, after which further applications will not be considered.
For More Information and application of the ACEM Scholarships 2021. Click on the link below: