The 2021 Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho:MEXT) Scholarships for Foreign Undergraduate Students, Japan is available to all suitable and qualified persons. Check the scholarship eligibility, requirements, and how to apply below.
Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program, the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students who intend to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate students.
The goal of the Japanese government award is to develop human resources who will serve as bridges of friendship between your country and Japan by studying in Japan and contributing to the growth of both countries and the rest of the globe.
Applicants must have completed 12 years of normal schooling or have graduated from a Japanese school comparable to a junior high school.
What Are the Eligible Countries Worthy to Apply
Students who have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government can apply for this application .
Depending on the country, the application deadline varies. Please get in touch with the Japanese embassy or general consulate in your country.
Students can apply for studentships to pursue an undergraduate degree at Japanese universities.
How to apply for 2021 Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho:MEXT) Scholarships for Foreign Undergraduate Students, Japan
How to Apply: Applicants will need to submit:
- Application Form (a prescribed form)
- Placement Preference Form
- Academic transcript for the past 3 years
- Graduation certificate from the last school attended (or certificate of expected graduation for an applicant due to graduate) transcript issued either by alma master or by applicants’ national government
- Recommendation from the principal or the adviser of the last school attended
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of enrollment (for an applicant currently enrolled in a university) if applicable
- Certificate of the passage of university entrance qualification examination (if applicable)
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. The scholarship will be also cancelled in principle in the following situations.
- Tuition and Other Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Travelling CostsTransportation to Japan