2021 Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships at Université Côte d’Azur in France. Doctoral researchers can now apply for fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships from Université Côte d’Azur. The 2020 academic year will see up to five fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships made available to researchers from throughout the world by Université Côte d’Azur. An important part of her mission is to find and assist the brightest early-stage researchers who are working to establish an interdisciplinary research program including one or more UCA labs. In order to help UCA attract excellent students, the Doctoral Program of Excellence will serve as a recruitment tool.
Take your time and go through this post, we have compiled all the details you require for the application for the Université Côte d’Azur fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships.
Host Nationality for the Université Côte d’Azur fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships for doctoral researchers
This International research scholarship is hosted in France.
Eligible Nationality for the Université Côte d’Azur fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships for doctoral researchers
This International research scholarship is open to researchers worldwide.
- Offers consist of an annual service-free contract with a gross salary of 2500 € per month, guaranteed for three years.
- Support of up to 1500 € /year to defray the costs of participation in international conferences or workshops.
- In addition to this financial support, UCA considers the awarding of a fellowship from the Doctoral Program of Excellence a highly significant accomplishment.
Up to five fellowships are available.
Eligibility for the Université Côte d’Azur fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships for doctoral researchers
To be eligible for this International research scholarship, the candidate requires:
- Applicants may have a Master’s degree, but should not have a doctoral degree.
- Students who are not yet through with their Master’s degree by the application deadline but who may nevertheless be ready for a Ph.D. program may also apply.
- A potential supervisor can only support one candidate. A candidate may only apply with one research project and one supervisor.
- Research projects must follow French and European regulations on ethics issues in order to be eligible for funding like human cloning for reproductive purposes, or modification of human genetics in a heritable manner, or aimed at creating human embryos for the sole purpose of research, cannot be funded.
All applications involving other ethical issues will require to declare them and to provide additional information and documentation.
Applicants whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at a higher level.
Application Procedure for the Université Côte d’Azur fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships for doctoral researchers
Applicants are to present a research program in coordination with a potential supervisor affiliated with one of the research teams of Universite? Cote d’Azur.
Candidates are to apply online on the website: https://nuxeo.univ-cotedazur.fr/nuxeo/nxdoc/default/311511d4-b0a2-4452-b67a-0d34d4385331/view_documents
Applicants should upload the following documents (as PDF or JPG files):
- The filled Application Form (A)
- The Curriculum Vitae of the doctoral candidate, including a list of two references with their names, titles/relationship to the candidate (e.g., Committee Member, Research Collaborator), addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses. (B)
- A cover letter describing the applicant’s motivation (C)
- Last diploma (D)
- A written description of at most 2 pages of the doctoral research project (E)
- A support letter from the host laboratory director and/or from the director of a UCA academy (F)
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or ID (G)
- A letter + CV from the anticipated supervisor (and co-supervisor, if applicable) (H)
- A CV of supervisor (I)
- Advisor letter attesting the adequacy of the academic environment with the research topic (J)
- additional documents (K)
- In the case of co-financing, the letter confirming the annual financial support, its amount, nature (wage, research funds…), and duration.
- Any other document that may be relevant to the selection process (undergraduate grade transcripts, publications, letter of support from the supervisor of a master level internship). A reference letter from the person in charge of the applicant’s Master program, or a complete transcript of the Master’s degree program courses; or (for foreign applicants who have not completed a Master’s degree but who have completed a bachelor’s degree and have significant research experience): complete undergraduate transcript, general and subject GRE test scores, a written description of the previous research project, and a letter of recommendation from the previous research supervisor, to be sent confidentially from the supervisor to the UCA.
Application Deadline for the Université Côte d’Azur fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships for doctoral researchers
The deadline for submission is 11th March annually.