Job Title: Technical Manager
Organization: Xclusive Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Xclusive Uganda is a group of horticulture companies with approximately 550 employees, based between Gayaza and Zirobwe. We are known for our innovative way of working, care for our employees and the community around us and for our flat organizational structure where we achieve things together.
Job Summary: We are looking for a Technical Manager. Are you a person who admires a smooth running machine? And does it make you proud when you see that the construction you designed and build with the team is perfectly matching the needs of the users? Are you able to make and read technical drawings for electrical and mechanical systems and constructions? Are you a people manager and a team builder? And do you have a drive to constantly develop others around you, as well as yourself? Are you strongly target and budget orientated? Do you like to work in a broad field of technical duties? Do you recognize yourself in our core values? We are looking for you!
Our organization has a result and competence-based approach and we offer an interesting job with a lot of responsibility and autonomy. You will be supervising a team of 2 assistant managers who are operating in the field with their staff of about 50 employees, supervising our security department and group of drivers. You will be reporting to the Research and Development Director.
Our core values are: Quality, Integrity, Ownership, Collaboration, Sustainable and Innovative
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure a (well maintained) technical (hardware) infrastructure is available to support production and back office processes
- Planning and organizing the technical department processes
- adequate maintenance of equipment and infrastructure to make sure that production management is timely and adequately facilitated
- contribute to technical innovations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in technical studies / civil engineering and a diploma in the same field
- 5 years proven experience in a similar position in a reputable organization
- Well known with the technical equipment, such as vehicles, irrigation systems, tractors, electrical etc. and construction work of Greenhouses and buildings we have in place
- Preferably experience with a digitalized way of working with (online) systems. E.g. Microsoft programs as Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc. Autocad, Archicad or similar. We have Service Engine as tool to organize our duties as TD, for more info: https://royalbrinkman.com/service-engine
- Proven record in managerial skills
- Controlling Progress
- Planning and organizing
How to Apply:
Do you think you are the right fit? Then send your application including curriculum vitae and a motivation letter to [email protected] and put “technical manager vacancy” in the subject line. For questions related to this job advert you can get in touch via 0791-777013. Applications not meeting the criteria will not be taken into consideration.
Deadline: Friday, 14th August, 2020