Job Title: Storekeeper
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Warehouse Management Assistant/Associate
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to United help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: The Storekeeper will handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities to maximize quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall supervision and training of tally clerks and casual laborers.
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements both in LESS and paperwork.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyze reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Storekeeper job vacancy must hold a Degree in Stores management, Procurement and Logistics management, Accounting, statistics, Administration or any other related field.
- A minimum of three years of working experience in Storekeeping, Logistics management, Statistics, Administration, Accounting or related field gained from a reputable institution.
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
- Good knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications, database management applications, database development tools, data analysis applications;
- Excellent command of English is vital;
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization: Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
- Planning, Project & Resource Management: Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
- Information Management & Reporting: Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution: Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management: Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination: Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) are encouraged to apply online at the link below
Deadline: 10th September 2020