Job Title: Sales Team Leader
Duty Station: Field-based position, Uganda
Reports to: SPOUTS Regional Sales Manager
SPOUTS is a social venture that locally manufactures and distributes effective ceramic water filters to improve the access to clean drinking water sustainably in Uganda. In addition, we locally manufacture free hand-washing stations to improve access to hygiene. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water and hygiene services to all East Africans. We currently sell multiple water filter products under the brand name “Purifaaya”. The Purifaaya provides financial, social, and health benefits for its customers in addition to environmental benefits. Since SPOUTS sold its first Purifaaya in 2015, it has distributed 60,000+ filters to East Africa providing over 350,000 end-users with long-term access to clean drinking water. SPOUTS is a rapidly-growing organization with over 100 employees and the next step is to scale its operations across all of East Africa to provide all with clean drinking water.
Job Summary: The Sales Team Leader will be responsible for managing a team of Sales Officers and works in close liaison with the Sales Team Assistant.The Sales Team Leader works an average of 120 hours over three weeks. Weekend and evening work may be required. As well as managing a small team of sales staff as part of the D2C program, the Sales Team Leader is responsible for the planning, implementation and management of activities in order to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets to ensure the success of SPOUTS as a sustainable social enterprise.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead, implement and maintain a team of Sales Officers in the Direct to Consumer (D2C) sales program to grow sales, ensure sustainability and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Propose and implement innovative approaches to improve sales and profitability outcomes.
· Anticipate problems and new trends which may affect the sales program and make recommendations for change.
· Act as the direct liaison between the sales team and the rest of the organization; advocate for needs and requests of the sales team to the S&M Director as well as other relevant SPOUTS staff.
Develop, coordinate and maintain effective and efficient systems and processes tailored to SPOUTS’ needs.
· Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets as determined by Spouts from time to time.
· Work with sales teams to collect and review accurate daily, weekly, and monthly data from the field.
· Regularly review outcomes to assess performance and implement improvements.
· Regulate practices and ensure that SPOUTS meets legislative and internal operating compliance requirements.
· Apply Spouts’ information technology systems to deliver quality outcomes in relation to filter sales.
· Prepare accurate reports on Key Performance Indicators (sales, awareness, etc.) in line with the SPOUTS’ reporting schedules.
Undertake employee management in order to deliver quality performance outcomes.
· Manage the sales teams and foster their growth through direct supervision, training, and motivation programs.
· Appropriately and effectively delegate responsibility.
· Undertake management of employees where there is a direct reporting relationship and ensure there is a mechanism in place to monitor individual performance, assess progress and provide feedback to support individual development.
· Coach and develop the skills of employees to facilitate responsiveness as the organisation grows and develops.
Demonstrate corporate responsibility
· Always act in a manner consistent with SPOUTS’ values.
· Comply with the SPOUTS’ standards of conduct and all applicable policies and legislation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Proven experience working with sales programs and working to achieve sales targets, particularly in a multicultural setting.
· A qualification relevant to the work of Sales Team Leader will be highly regarded but is not essential.
· Experience managing a team to meet specified sales targets.
· Applies broad-based knowledge to manage projects, account for resources and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
· A successful track record in setting priorities, managing work demands and evaluating progress while remaining responsive to changing priorities.
· Works autonomously, delegating appropriately to manage workload.
· Uses initiative to develop new approaches and to encourage high performance outcomes.
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
· Commitment to training staff to maximize individual and organization goals.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of SPOUTS.
· Works well in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team
· High attention to detail and experience working with and compiling data.
· Fully proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Language requirements: High level of competence in spoken and written English language skills. Competent in spoken Luganda language.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters, updated CVs and relevant academic documents should be sent to [email protected]
Remember to attach your salary expectations.
Deadline: Monday, 28th December 2020