Vacancy title: Rural Sanitation and Behavior Change Advisor
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO
Category: Admin & Office
Jobs at: SNV USA
Deadline of this Job: 15 January 2021
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda Sanitation for Health Activity (USHA) is ﬁnanced by USAID in Uganda with the goal of increasing the number of people with access to improved and sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services, ultimately leading to improved health and nutrition status in focus areas and population groups in up to 21 districts in the Central East, Central West and Northern regions. .
Job Description. The Rural Sanitation and Behavior Change (RSBC) Advisor will work closely with the USHA Senior Technical WASH Manager, Regional Manager and other team members to provide technical advisory services to local partners, facilitate partnerships, resource mobilization, knowledge” development, brokering, and networking in the Northern Cluster (NC) related to increasing household access to sanitation and water services and improving health through hygiene in homes, schools and healthcare facilities
• Master’s degree in a WASH-related ﬁeld.
• 7-10 years of experience in an equivalent position, especially in the Ugandan context.
• Experience in increasing household access to sanitation and water services and improving health through hygiene in homes, schools and healthcare facilities.
• Experience in performance monitoring and reporting, coordinating concurrent activities, and effectively engaging with local government and NGOs/ community-based organizations.
• Strong English oral and written skills, and any related local language.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and a strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines. ‘
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 7-10 years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This full-time position is based in Gulu, Uganda and is open to Ugandan nationals. A full description of the job can be found at https://devwork.org/careers SNV USA has adopted a new trade name and is doing business as Devworks International. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line
“USHA RSBC Advisor” by January I5, 2021. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.