Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
REGIONAL MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DUTY STATION: KALISIZO
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM MANAGER
The Regional management Administrative Assistant will support project management by providing administrative (non- technical) support across all program areas .
• Assist with all aspects of administration, directory maintenance, logistics, assets/ equipment inventory, storage, and management for the Masaka region HIV mechanism
• Ensure that all Masaka region HIV mechanism regional meeting minutes are documented, properly stored and action points followed through.
• Ensure that there is a documented integrated (multi-section) Support supervision plan for the regional teams covering; a) supporting field team activities, b) supervising CBOs. He/ she will work with the different teams to submit their plans on time for appropriate approval and then merge them into one integrated plan
• Coordinate transport arrangements that support regional support supervision plans in a streamlined way by working with all the different relevant stakeholders and ensure that reliable transport is availed.
• Support the process of scheduling appointments and meetings with the relevant stakeholders to be met by the regional management teams.
• He/ she will support the process of active follow up on pending budgets and approvals for regional team activities with the relevant parties/ approvers. To do this he/she will actively engage the finance assistants in the different cluster plus the approvers.
• Ensure that there is an up-to-date inventory of the assets of the Masaka regional HIV Mechanism management team. They will also ensure that there is a proper archival system for documents at the regional office.
• Ensure that appropriate resources needed to do work are available at the regional office including paper, files, masks, markers etc
• Other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Office Information Management, or any other related course.
• A minimum of one year relevant work experience
• Good secretarial skills, including advanced abilities in word-processing, spreadsheets, filing, and general computer use; knowledge of MS Excel, Word and other common software programs is essential
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong writing and verbal skills are essential
• Knowledge of general office practices and procedures particularly in filing, gathering and compiling information
• And ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree.
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in One document (PDF/ Word), addressed to the HR Manager to [email protected] . Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Friday 27th November 2020 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.