Job Title: Project Manager – Resilient Empowered Adolescent Lead Project ( REAL)
Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator – REAL Project
About US: Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
Job Summary: This position of Project Manager reports to the Program Area Manager – West Nile (based in Nebbi) and is a member of the Health Thematic Area, providing both technical and managerial support to the project. S/he will provide leadership to ensure effective coordination of partnerships and collaborations, timely and effective work-planning, budget management and reporting according to the grant agreement / donor requirements and Plan’s policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall project leadership in planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities to achieve the set project objectives and targets.
- Manage partnerships and coordinate collaborations for the project
- Member of Health Program Thematic area reporting to the Program Area Manager – West Nile and supported by the National Program Manager – Health based at Country Office.
- Develop and periodically review the 4 year project operational plan, annual / quarterly plans and budgets for effective project implementation.
- Lead the technical design of the project interventions, development of technical tools with adequate consultation and participation of staff and other key stakeholders at all stages of project implementation.
- Coordinate, supervise and appraise the Project Coordinators to ensure timely and quality delivery of the project at all stages of implementation.
- Ensure efficient utilisation and timely accountability of funds and other resources allocated in accordance with grant conditions.
- Develop a system for capturing, documenting and disseminating project experiences, achievements, lessons learnt and best practices to stakeholders while maintaining project records for accountability purposes.
- Prepare and submit quality and timely project reports to project stakeholders as per donor requirements and the project monitoring & evaluation plan.
- Initiate, develop and nurture cordial relations with relevant government agencies both central and local government levels, project partners, and the wider stakeholder fraternity.
- Represent Plan International Uganda at relevant technical working Groups (TWGs) and events / forums to ensure Plan International is acknowledged as a legitimate partner / actor.
- Organise and hold regular performance review meetings to assess progress and to agree on and communicate any changes in strategy with the key project stakeholders.
- Identify and participate in operational research related to the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Public Health or any Health-related discipline with experience in ASRHR programming,
- Post graduate training in either Public health, Project Planning & Management, Health Systems Strengthening, Community Health, Reproductive Health and Gender etc. will be of added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ hands-on progressive experience in planning and implementation of school / community-based health programmes targeting Adolescents / Young people out-of-school especially on ASRH including in emergency situations; including at least 3 years at a project / budget management level.
- Knowledge of the guidelines and international conventions governing hosting of refugees is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience of working in rural settings and refugee settlements.
- Practical knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring of community-based SRHR and YEE programs for Out-of-School Youth.
- Practical experience in working with District Local Government, community health systems and Implementing Partners in SRHR, YEE and / or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Experience in SRHR – related capacity building for health facilities and community health structures
- Sound understanding of current policy developments in SRHR, eMTCT, Reproductive Maternal, New-born, Child & Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) and YEE
- Willingness to work in a typical rural district and travel 70% of the time in field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in implementing programs in emergency situations at a Project Manager level.
- Excellent budget management skills
- Excellent Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in networking with other development partners in the field.
- Excellent skills in documentation and report writing
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point.
- Behaves consistently in approach to work and decision-making
- Strongly drives performance forward in area of the business for which they are responsible together with the team
- Sets a strong learning culture in their part of the organisation
- Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
- Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behaviour accordingly
- Committed to meeting deadlines
How to Apply: All candidates who wish to join Plan International in this capacity should apply online at the link below. Click HereDeadline: 10th May 2021