Vacancy title: Project Manager CLWR
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO ,
Jobs at: Lutheran World Federation
Deadline of this Job: 15 August 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Obongi , East Africa
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the universal quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are mainly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work and our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our job is people-centered and community-based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service, and we are currently supporting Congolese and South Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali, and Lamwo respectively.
For more information about LWF World Service, please check: https://www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService
The LWF Uganda is looking for mature, qualified, and experienced persons for the following position;
Job Title: Project Manager CLWR (1)
Place of Assignment: Lamwo Refugee Settlement Obongi District
Reports to: Team Leader
The Project is aimed at improving the utilization of gender-responsive protection and SGBV response services among refugees and host community members; developing economic self-reliance among refugees and host community members and improving hygiene and sanitation practices among refugee and host community members, particularly young women (ages 12-18). .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, coordinate, implement, supervise, monitor and evaluate all project activities under the CLWR project in line with the approved project documents and signed cooperation agreement;
• Coordinate and supervise all project staff and take appropriate action to ensure efficient and effective performance;
• Prepare periodic project work plans and budgets in conjunction with the other project staff, the Sub-Program leadership and Grants Unit to ensure appropriate utilization of project resources;
• Prepare and submit quality and timely reports as required from time to time
• Develop project M&E tools in close collaboration with the Grants Manager and M&E Unit to assess and report on the progress and quality of completed and on-going project activities;
• Conduct visits to beneficiaries in project sites to determine and verify project implementation against project standards and donor requirements;
• In close collaboration with the Procurement Unit, develop the project procurement plan.
• Liaise with and regularly consult with the relevant local authorities, community leaders, civil society/ NGO’s, collaborating/implementing partners and other stakeholders where appropriate.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications. Experience, Essential Skills & Technical Competencies Required
• Degree in Development Studies, Economics, Social Science, or other related field is essential.
• Postgraduate qualification in project planning & Management is desirable.
• At least Three (3) years of project management experience in a reputable public body or INGO.
• Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to influence and get buy-in from people;
• Familiarity with standards and guidelines for Livelihoods, Protection and WASH Interventions in both emergency and development setting.
• Demonstrable experience in evidence-based reporting.
• High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application Procedure: Candidates who are interested in the above jobs should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three), work-related referees, only through our recruitment email [email protected] indicating the job title in the email subject.
Hand-delivered applications can also be sent to our offices in Kampala. Please indicate the position you have applied for on the top of the parcel addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
Lutheran World Federation
Plot 1401, Ggaba, Road next to Quality Hill
P. O. Box 5827
Deadline for receiving application is Friday, August 15th, 2020 by 5:00 pm