Job Title: Non-Food Items Field Monitor (Fresher No Experience Job Positions)
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: NFI Field Coordinator
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Non-Food Items Field Monitor will carry out distribution of Non-Food Items in the response in line with World Vision Uganda and the partner’s mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Community mobilization and coordination of NFI distribution activities at the distribution points in liaison with Refugee Welfare Council (RWC) Members.
- Work closely with local leaders to conduct beneficiary identification using approved selection criteria.
- Conduct registration and verification of identified beneficiaries.
- Conduct distribution in compliance with WV and Donor UNHCR guidelines and standards
- Notify beneficiaries about impending NFI distribution well in advance to ensure timely and full participation.
- Liaise with warehouse staff on distribution planning and NFI dispatching from warehouse to distribution centers
- Ensure all NFI arriving at the Distribution point are properly accounted.
- Scrutinize all waybills for NFI arriving at the distribution center.
- Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested by the way bill.
- Supervise NFI distribution in a manner that will ensure all targeted beneficiaries receive all planned commodities and in their rightful rations.
- Conduct caucus meetings with local leaders to agree on roles and responsibilities during distribution.
- Conduct Pre-Distribution meeting to sensitize and inform beneficiaries about commodities in the NFI basket, ration sizes, and any other issues to be communicated to them. Give beneficiaries an opportunity to ask question for clarification.
- Ensure that appropriate crowd control measure is in place at the distribution point at all times.
- Provide proper accountability of commodities distributed at the distribution points.
- Prepare all the necessary forms related to NFI distribution
- Ensure all forms and reports are completely filled and reviewed and approved by relevant staff.
- Ensure NFI forms and reports are filled according to agreed filing format.
- Ensure distribution list tally with manual reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Non-Food Items Field Monitor job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences discipline or any other related field.
- Ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS word, excel and Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A high level of integrity is required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 17th October 2020