Gulu University is a Public University established by Statutory Instrument No. 16 of 2003. The University was set to serve as a launch pad for equitable development in Uganda providing knowledge and skills and stimulating innovations in education, technology, economic advancement and social development. The University is located in Gulu City with campuses in Kitgum District, Hoima City and a Constituent College Project in Moroto District.
The Vision of the University is “To be the leading Academic Institution for promotion of Community Transformation and Industrialization for Sustainable Development”.
The Mission of the University is “To provide access to Quality Higher Education, Training, Research and Innovations for the Delivery of Appropriate Services towards Community Transformation and Sustainable Development”.
To achieve its Vision and Mission, the University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions: .
POSITION: Medical Officer Number of Vacancies: I (One)
Salary Scale: M7 (Non-Teaching Science)
Reports To: Dean of Students
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans and budgets for health services delivery activities in the University;
• Manages and accounts for allocated medical, fiscal and other resources;
• Diagnoses, treats and manages patients;
• Coordinates the implementation of the Uganda Minimum Health Care Package within the University;
• Requisitions for equipment, drugs and other supplies for medical care in the University;
• Enforces adherence to health service delivery standards;
• Participates in research activities and health data collection;
• Manages and accounts for the performance of the staff of the University Medical Unit.
• Must have an MBChB or its equivalent from a recognized University.
• A Postgraduate Diploma in management health services from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
• Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council.
• Practical experience in planning, organizing and coordinating delivery of health care services.
• Should have strong leadership and managerial qualities.
• Concern for quality and standards;
• Should be of high moral values and integrity.
• Results oriented and able to work with minimum supervision.
Suitably qualified and interested persons should either send applications online to email address [email protected] or submit six (6) hard copies of the application consisting of the following:
• Letter expressing interest in the job;
• Recent and original copies of passport size photographs attached to the application;
• A detailed and up to date Curriculum Vitae, signed and dated by the applicant;
• Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates;
• Copies of letter(s)of relevant appointments (where applicable);
• Copies of National Identity Card;
• For positions No. 1-6, evidence of additional requirements should be provided;
• Reference letters from three (3) referees who should be advised to send their reference letters under confidential cover, either in hard copy or using the email address provided;
• Sealed applications with the position applied for indicated on the top right corner of the envelope;
• Applications and reference letters should reach the address below not later than 5:00 pm on 20thNovember 2020:
The University Secretary Gulu University P.O Box 166, GuluPlease Note:
1. Incomplete applications and/or applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted