Application Deadline: 31st March 2021 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries. 70% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals.
To be taken at (Universities): Gulu University and Egerton University.
About the Award: The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation, Gulu University and Egerton University are implementing an eight year program aimed at transforming African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
This is an eight year program (2016-2024) supporting students who are economically disadvantaged, those from post-conflict and conflict affected areas of Africa.
Students who are economically disadvantaged, and students from post-conflict and conflict-affected areas of Africa, are welcome to apply for admission and financial support at Gulu University (Uganda) or Egerton University (Kenya). The announcement lists the available academic programs at each university.
- Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
- Be less than 30 years by the deadline of the application.
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University). Continuing students are NOT eligible.
- For admission into the two universities, one must have completed a relevant Bachelor Degree with a second class honours, upper division.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate commitment to leadership.
- Have commitment to working in agriculture, agricultural value chains and rural development.
- Have a strong commitment to community engagement and transformation
NB Females are particularly encouraged to apply
Number of Awardees: 30 Masters Scholarships
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded
How to Apply: Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the university of choice.
Applicants shall only apply to one university of choice. Application forms can also be downloaded from the Scholarship Webpage link HERE