Vacancy title: Head of IT Operations
Type: FULL TIME
Category: Computer & IT
Jobs at: Opportunity Bank Limited
Deadline of this Job: 15 March 2021
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Career opportunity open at Opportunity Bank Limited (OBUL) for a hands-on person who can think strategically but execute tactfully. You will be joining a dynamic team of seasoned business professionals with diverse experience. OBUL is a fast paced, customer centric bank looking for an agile creative, influential figure to ably design, implement and align a technical road map and strategy to drive customer excellence.
Position: Head of IT Operations
Reports to: Executive Director .
The Head of IT Operations will oversee all IT Operations, designing and implementing a robust IT strategy. The holder is responsible for overseeing the quality of IT services through driving sound service support and best practices, team alignment to agreed service standards, establishment of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) paradigm, effective and efficient delivery of the OBUL IT Infrastructure and the effective and efficient monitoring of the bank’s IT Systems.
Key Result Areas
• Formulate the Banks’s IT strategy in response to business needs, recommend appropriate and cost-effective technical solutions and establish budgetary and risk implications including documentation and security of all IT systems in line with the ICT trends and IT governance standards.
• Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
• Set objectives and strategies for the ICT Department.
• Responsible for providing strategic vision and operational IT leadership for Information Technology Department and be accountable for directing, planning, organizing, and controlling all IT Functions. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this position, we expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts.
• The Head of IT is a member of the Executive Committee (EXCO) of management and also represents the Bank on external forums as directed by EXCO.
• Create and maintain an IT Operations Strategy for the ICT Function which describes all its core systems and technologies and the timetable for major changes. The plan to be available for external scrutiny by the Bank’s auditors and regulators where appropriate.
• In charge of operational management of the bank IT resources. It is expected the IT Manager will develop a deep understanding of the bank’s business operations and bring relevant project management skills to assist the team on all change projects.
• Ensure that industry best practice (typically ITIL) standards are applied to administration of all core systems and that change control and security procedures are strictly observed.
• Manage and support Change Implementation in alignment to Bank Policy.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Opportunity Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of disability, gender, marital status, religion and ethnicity.
Interested candidates should send their signed application letters together with their curriculum vitae not later than 15th March 2021 to [email protected] . For details, please refer to www.opportunitybank.co.ug or http://www.linkedln.com/company/opportunltybank