Job Title: District Data Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organization: University Research Co., LLC
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Senior M&E Officer
University Research Co., LLC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CH5), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
About USAID Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID‘s RHITES EC). The purpose of this project is to support the implementation of a comprehensive, integrated investment in regional health, HIV/AIDS and nutrition assistance. This ﬁve-year activity targets 12 districts in East-Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, and child development services.
Job Summary: The District Data Officer (DDO) will work closely with the District Biostatistician to ensure that patients’ records are captured accurately and HMIS reports are compiled and submitted in the DHIS2. Under the supervision of Senior M&E officer, the Data officer will coordinate project M&E activities at District level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with health sub-district records officers and district HMIS focal persons and Biostatisticians to quantify the HMIS and non-HMIS tools needed to ensure sustained data collection at the health facility.
- Engage with the records assistants and data clerks to ensure that best practices of medical records storage and management are implemented.
- Work with data clerks to ensure all source documents especially ART registers are regularly updated at all ART sites
- Ensure that HIV care data captured on patient forms during patient visits is transcribed to pre-ART and ART registers and updated in the Uganda-EMR on time in the District of allocation.
- Review, provide feedback (flagging errors, outliers) from data submitted by Data clerks and ensure corrective action is effected.
- Ensure all required data (in HIBIRD, ODK, SURGE, additional indicators etc) is collected and entered in the predesigned systems for project performance measurement.
- Work closely with the facility records officers to mentor and coach other health workers on appropriate use of HMIS data collection tools for data capture including ensuring timely update of HMIS tools.
- Conduct technical supervision visits to sites where data clerks are allocated to ensure conformity to M8• Work closely with District Biostatistician to conduct monthly data cleaning for District specific data
- Work closely with data clerks, to receive feedback on HMIS and M&E logistical needs (HMIS tools, files, internet etc).
- Prepare and ensure data displays (including annual targets) of facility data are displayed at health facilities routinely in the District
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Statistics, Demography, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Business statistics, Population studies, Quantitative Economics, Social Science or Development Studies
- A minimum of two years’ experience in data management in health setting
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Excel, ODK, DHlS_2, HIBRID, Uganda-EMR.
- Knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS).
- Previous experience with PEPFAR funded programs
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Officer
University Research Co., LLC – Contra for Human Services
Plot 1 Bridge Lane, Mpumudde Division
P.O. Box 5053, Jinja, Uganda
E-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline: 25th September 2020 by 2:00pm