Our client, a manufacturing company, is seeking to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to fill the position of Cost Accountant.
Cost Accountant will be responsible for the ongoing analysis of plan costing, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, Machine and labor costs.
• Ongoing analysis of Input material unit costs and suggesting changes where necessary.
• Value chain analysis of new and existing products (selling prices and costs of sale).
• Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on product costs.
• Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs (periodical production & price variances)
• Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
• Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
• Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger.
• Carry out periodical inventory revaluation exercise.
• Prepare, analyze and report gross margin analysis by product, by brand and by category.
• Evaluating of capital projects before execution.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Business-related field
• Possession of professional qualification in CPA or ACCA .
• A minimum Four (4) years working experience in a Manufacturing Environment
• Experience working with different departments on development and analysis of cost standards
• Working knowledge of SAP ERP System is an added advantage.
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused.
• Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation plus excellent organization skills.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through our [email protected] . Indicate the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted