Vacancy title: Communications Officer
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Professional Services
Category: Media, Communications & Writing
Jobs at: Enabe
Deadline of this Job: 26 March 2021
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
DUTY STATION: KAMPALA.
Enabel, Belgian development agency, together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral Co-operation between Uganda & Belgium.
In the framework of the “Support to the implementation of the Skilling Uganda Strategy (SSU) implemented by Ministry of Education and Sports and Enabel in Uganda, (1) Communications Officer with the describes roles below. This recruitment is also seen to constitute a Pool of Communication Officers. .
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Result Area 1: As Communications Officer:
Ensure institutional Communication in accordance with Enabel Communication guidelines in order to promote a positive image of the impact, results and accountability of the interventions.
• Elaborate and implement an intervention Communication strategy and plan.
• Lead the implementation of the Communication strategy of SSU and SG+.
• Ensure visibility of the donors (Belgian state or other) of SSU and SG+
• Communicate about results of the interventions.
• Lead activities for awareness raising on skills development.
• Closely liaise with Enabel in Uganda Communications and knowledge management team in the implementation of activities
• Develop Communication and visibility materials for the SG+ and SSU projects.
• Coordinate the media relations management of SSU and SG+ projects.
• Disseminate relevant project reports, capitalization reports and facilitate feedback sessions.
• Regularly update social media pages and other online dissemination platforms including website, open, Enabel etc.
Result Area 2: As Communications Advisor:
Implement knowledge building and results dissemination of the SSU & SG+ projects in order to ensure that the lessons learned and recommendations are known among the targeted audiences.
• Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for internal and external communications.
• Coordinate with the project management team (PMT) in documenting lessons learned and good practices in the SG+ and SSU projects.
• Assist in the set up & management of a capitalization and documentation system for good practices and lessons learned from the SG+ and SSU projects.
• Participate in capitalization studies.
• Undertake field visits to partners involved in project activities.
• Synthesize and develop success stories and reports based on field visits.
• Capitalize on change processes undertaken within the various project activities.
• Support partners in developing and implementing appealing communication campaigns
Result Area 3: As a Manager:
• Ensure smooth functioning of the SSU communication unit as well as performance of the team.
• Coordinate SSU and SG+ projects Public Relations (PR) vis-à-vis large group of stakeholders, including the Ministry of Education and Sports, the private sector, other development partners, etc.
• Lead and supervise the SSU Communication team.
• Identity capacity gaps in the Communication unit and organize a training to this effect.
• Coach co-workers in the area of Communication.
• A Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Mass Communication, Journalism and Public relations.
• Experience and Qualifications:
• A Minimum of 5 years of proven, relevant experience in Communication and Journalism
• Multi-media knowledge and skills using web-based communication (Content Management Systems for website, Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) & audio-visual media
• Strong (written and oral) Communication skills: expressing ideas and opinions clearly in a structured manner that appeals to the reader
• Proven photography and video production skills
• Soft skills such as ability to effectively work in a team.
• Taking initiative and creativity: recognizing opportunities and acting on them; self-starter, coming up with original solutions for job-related problems, devising new methods of work and solution oriented
• ICT skills in Word, PowerPoint, social media platforms, Excel, and using ICT tools
• Strong analytical skills: identifying problems; recognizing significant information; making connections between data; tracing possible causes of problems.
Skills and Person Specification:
• Knowledge of print media design software such as InDesign, Photoshop illustrator, etc.)
• Experience in digitalization of management practices, especially in the field of communication
• Experience of working for civil society, bilateral or a multilateral agency would be an advantage
• Ability to be patient, agile, flexible and cooperative.
• Strong analytical skills: identifying problems; recognizing significant information; making connections between data; tracing possible causes of problems;
Enabel will offer a monthly gross salary package of between UGX 6.5M-7.5M
Medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December. Salary is accordance to years of experience.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their hard copy applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) of 4 pages’ maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees; their emails and telephone contacts to:
The Human Resource Officer;
Enabel in Uganda
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace
P.O. Box 40131, Kampala.
On-line applications to be submitted to: https://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/4648801/
Send in your application not later than Friday 26th March, 2021 at 5pm.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for a written test.