Job Title: Assistant Director
Salary Scale: LS 3
Reports To: Director
Purpose Of The Job: To provide strategic leadership and ensure efficient and effective running of the Regional Campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To provide academic and administrative leadership for staff within the study centre and to take responsibility for determining the strategic direction of the of the study centre.
• To contribute to the strategic development and implementation of the LDC vision, policies and procedures and maintaining the strategic goals of the study centre.
• To oversee the provision of Legal Aid Services offered at the study centre.
• To perform duties of Accounting Officer as specified by the Director of Law Development Centre.
• To advise and recommend to management short and long term strategies for the development of the Study Centre.
• To implement LDC policies and decisions made by the Management Committee at the Study Centre.
• Responsible for planning and effective delivery of strategic and operational plans of the Study Centre.
• To supervise and evaluate performance of employees by creating a work environment that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top quality employees at the study Centre.
• Local promotion and marketing activities in keeping with the goals and objectives of the study Centre.
• To implement all LDC policies and procedures with overall accountability for their effective implementation at the study Centre.
• To monitor, support and manage performance of all functions at the study Centre.
• To prepare and submit quarterly study centre performance reports and other relevant reports to the Director.
• To contribute to the development of research, knowledge exchange and/or income generating activities within study Centre.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• LLB (Hons) degree from a recognized university.
• Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre.
• LLM degree or MBA from a recognized university.
• Postgraduate qualification in public administration or management is an added advantage.
• Must be an enrolled member of the Uganda Bar.
• At least 8 years’ experience in private or public legal practice five (5) of which must have been in administration or managerial position.
• Broad knowledge of coordinating administration and/or academic programs.
• He/she should be a strategic planner.
• Possesses strong relationship management skills.
• The ability to initiate and embrace change. • He/she should be a person of proven integrity.
• Results Oriented towards improving the performance of LDC.
• Effective communication skills with the ability to demonstrate a strong leadership character.
• He/she should be a team builder.
• The ability to inspire others for the greater good of the institution.