Job Title: Assistant Chief Finance Officer
Organization: Bidco Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer & General Manager
Bidco Uganda Limited (BUL) is a leading FMCG company with modern edible oil refinery, soap & detergent plants in Masese Jinja. BUL has also developed over ten thousand hectares of palm plantations at Bugala islands in Kalangala as a backward integration geared to serve the market with established brands of fortified oils, fats & hygienic products. The company is an associate of Wilmar International limited which is the world’s leading processor, merchandiser & distributor of edible oils, oilseeds & related products.
Job Summary: The Assistant Chief Finance Officer will be responsible for assisting CFO to take responsibility for the financial stewardship of all operations in Uganda. Together with the Management Team to set objectives for the various business units in line with group strategy. Assist the CFO to liaise with Joint Venture partners on strategic issues and decisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy development, implementation and alignment
- Assist the CFO and function heads to formulate future direction, strategy and supporting tactical initiatives for Uganda (this includes fostering and cultivating internal and external stakeholder relationships)
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and develop finance strategies and objectives aligned to these plans
- Develop financial operating performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction in alignment with group performance reporting requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial reports, forecasts and business performance analysis
- Ensure processes are in place to complete Management Accounts, Group Reporting Package and other Group Reporting requirements on a timely and accurate basis; investigate problem areas and develop action plans to address and remediate them
Budget setting, management and forecasting
- Drive and facilitate budgeting process with input from different cost centres
- Ensure timely identification of variances to budget to be able to drive the correct behaviours to achieve financial objectives
- Provide updated rolling six monthly forecast
Governance and Compliance
- Externally, comply and adhere to all regulatory compliance and legislation to protect and reflect the financial position and reputation of the company.
- Internally, set standards, monitor compliance whilst holding individuals accountable; regularly assess standards for relevance
- Ensure timely compliance of matters related to issue of shares, its transfer, transmission etc. & up to date maintenance of records relating to members, their shareholdings etc, & other statutory records prescribed under the Companies Act.
- Ensure timely & correct filing of various forms, returns etc. with the office of Registrar of Companies & related compliances.
- Understand and evaluate the company’s risk profile and, together with the CFO, GM, Regional CEO, Wilmar Africa CFO and Joint Venture Partners develop and implement action plans and mitigation strategies
- Engage with the CFO to represent the company internally and externally on Finance matters
- Lead by example in building strong internal and external relationships, displaying excellent abilities to initiate strategic dialogue and listen, advise, influence, negotiate and make presentations at all levels
- Liaise with Joint Venture partners on results presentations and to gain approvals for items reserved for their decisions, e.g. investments and strategy items.
- To ensure all people management is executed according to Wilmar practices and principles, in terms of recruitment, training and development, remuneration, performance management and change management.
- Drive and instill Wilmar’s values at all levels
- To ensure constant adherence and compliance to company HSEQ and security standards, local by-laws, standards and legislation to minimize all risk pertaining to company assets and protection of life.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Chartered Accountant (CA) / CPA (essential)
- Master’s degree in Finance or business (preferred)
- 12+ years proven professional and leadership experience in a senior finance function
- Sound financial reporting skills, including solid experience and exposure to IFRS and auditing standards
- Mergers & Acquisitions experience (preferred)
- Comprehensive risk management and compliance skills, including knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Companies Act and exchange control legislation)
- Solid knowledge of local and international taxation practices, including deal structuring ERP system knowledge (SAP knowledge advantageous)
- Commodity trading, processing and/or manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Experience of working into Africa (preferred)
- Solid knowledge of the MS Office Suite, SAP and/or comparable ERP • Track record of strong integrity and ethics
- Critical behavioural competencies required: Strategic Leadership, Judgement and Decision-making, Influencing and Negotiation, Business Insight, Financial Acumen, Practical Execution Management, Monitoring.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit applications, Resumes & Academic Transcripts/Certificates online via [email protected] addressed to The Head of Human Resources Bidco Uganda Limited P O Box 1136 Jinja. Uganda
Deadline: 30th September 2020