Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
Duty Station: Lusaka, Zambia
Salary: EUR 29,316 p.a all-inclusive.
Eligibility: Ugandans are allowed to apply
The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) Secretariat and the European Union (EU) have signed a Grant contribution agreement worth EUR 8M for the Enhancement of Governance and Enabling Environment in the ICT sector (EGEE-ICT) in the Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean region (EA-SA-IO)). The EGEE- ICT is a four (4) year programme that aims at supporting the effective review or and development of various regional policy and regulatory framework in a harmonized manner that will contribute to enhancing competition, improved access to cost effective and secure ICT services. The overall objective of the programme is to deepen regional integration and growth of the ICT sector in EA-SA-IO region.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Programme Implementation Unit. The Administration Assistant will support the Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) through a variety of administrative and secretarial tasks related to SATSD programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of
· Answer phone calls, schedules meetings and supports
· Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning
· Attends staff meetings and Supports team in preparing minutes and
· Assists in overseeing the budget for routine or special events
· Assists in planning and overseeing special events
· Makes meeting and travel arrangements for programme related activities such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or
· Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and
· Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and
· Provides information by answering questions and requests related to the
· Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
· Any other related duties that may be assigned by the Superiors from time to
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or Public Administration or related Business
· Minimum eight (8) years of administrative assistant experience
· Experience in a programme related environment
· Experience in regional organization will be added advantage
· Knowledge of appropriate software such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft PowerPoint
· Managing Processes
· Supply Management
· Inventory Control
· Verbal and written Communication
· Must be fluent in English and/or French and/or Arabic (speaking and writing). A combination of any two or all these languages will be an added advantage.
Eligibility for application: Applicants must be nationals of EU, ACP and COMESA Member States and not more than 55 years of age at the time of submitting the application.
How to Apply:
Applications MUST be submitted electronically through email on the prescribed COMESA APPLICATION FORM, Download Here
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach the address below not later than 24th March 2021 at 18:00 hours Lusaka, Zambia time.
The Director of Human Resources and Administration Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa COMESA Centre,
Ben Bella Road,
P.O Box 30051,
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: 24th March 2021