Job Title: Administration / IT Intern
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stipend: UGX 555,150/month
Reports to: Senior Finance Administration Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication-related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
About USAID Project:
USAID RHITES-North, Acholi Activity is a five-year project (2017-2022) funded by United States Agency for International Development implemented and managed by University Research CO., LLC. The Activity aims to increase utilization of health services through increased adoption of healthy behaviors, strengthening systems, improving quality of services, increasing availability of, access to and demand for quality services, and supporting the health sector to sustain higher utilization rates in 8 districts of the Acholi region.
Job Summary: The Administration/IT Intern will be based in Kampala, Uganda. S/he will serve to assist in office administration, stores, inventory and IT management to the RHITES-N, Acholi project, Kampala office. S/he will regularly provide the vital stock/ inventory information needed to carry out forecasting, quantification, procurement planning, ordering, reporting, storage, and general supplies management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Administration Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance to stock/inventory management procedures (records, filling and identification).
- Assisting in scanning finance/procurement documents for filling/ sharing as needed.
- Carry out quality checks on supplier deliveries/goods/items to ensure they meet required contract specifications.
- Assist the procuring officer by raising PRs for office supplies and managing inventory at the office store – including managing inventory records and keeping stocks reconciled.
- Ensure correct documentation and record keeping of all received and dispatched supplies and consumables for office.
- Assist to maintain an effective filling system for program support records.
- Assist in maintaining an updated tracker for stores stock status
- Support in planning for the required administrative resources and equipment’s and ensure their availability and proper utilization.
- Assist in updating, a secured assets & inventory / stores registers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Key IT Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs
- Assist in settings up and configuring desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level in consultation with IT personnel.
- Install software and maintain hardware and peripherals as directed
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing problems, implementing corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalating to other technical resources as appropriate
- Assist Administer user accounts as directed
- Assist designs and produce basic reports for the department
- Provide basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems
- Provide support in maintaining IT records
- Keep truck of biography of all passwords
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should hold a degree in BSc Information Technology or a related field.
- An experience in providing technical support for management of office equipment, office stores with preferred experience in inventory management.
- Computer Operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system or production control environment preferred.
- A related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technology environment
- A related experience of working with NGOs.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All candidates must upload an updated CV/Résumé and a Cover Letter online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th October 2020