Vacancy title: 2 Program Officers
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO
Category: Admin & Office
Jobs at: Women in Technology Uganda
Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
WITU is a Ugandan registered non profit whose mission is to empower young women and girls to become innovative technologists & entrepreneurs equally influencing Africa’s economy. We do this through offering tools, resources and opportunities that allow them to thrive.
We have recently launched a number of programs and projects and are looking to grow our team in the listed areas below. If you think you are a good fit, send your application! We are looking for entrepreneurial spirited young people to join our team and support our organization’s journey to achieve its mission.
Title: Program Officers (2) – Elevate program
Reporting to : Program Manager – Elevate
Job Type: Full time
Location: Based in Kampala (1) and Mbarara (1) with travel around Uganda.
About this role
The Elevate program officers work with other young women from different backgrounds, helping them start their own business. Teaching them different vocational skills and helping them understand their value and worth. We believe each young woman has unique talents and abilities, our role is to guide them into a journey of self discovery and to show their awesomeness and let them thrive!
The officer will facilitate learning for various audiences, applying their expertise to improve the standard training materials of the organization or clients, with primary focus on the improvement of skills, training , delivery of Learning Curriculum, and achievement of WITU goals.
Are you an entrepreneurial spirited young woman that has a hunger for helping other women thrive? You are a go getter, passionate about business, have run your own business before, understand the ins and outs of running a small business? Do you like speaking with different people daily helping them navigate business challenges? Are you a people person? You love teaching and explaining concepts to others ? Then we are looking for you! .
• Function as a change agent to help in changing the behavior of the learners from all levels.
• Deliver training programs and workshops to employees or clients that motivate, improve competencies and performance, and directly impact results
• Utilize individual or group performance results to check the effectiveness of training
• Gather feedback on sessions from attendees for improving future content and presentation
• Design a new training program and upgrade existing programs, including lesson plans and training aids as needed
• Recommend resources and strategies that support and lead to market success and goal achievement
• Diagnose learning issues that will help people do better and assist team members in
• measuring and enhancing training results
• Responsible for developing consistent and positive client/learner interactions
• Responsible for identifying and communicating learning gaps to the Learning Development Team
• Responsible for facilitating the delivery and execution of technology-based training
• Responds to student questions and augment course content as needed
• Effectively utilize current learning delivery platforms and tools to deliver training
• Adjust presentations to accommodate the needs of the audience
• Communicate technical complexities of software in a simple manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in business studies, social work,
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience running a business would be added advantage
• Proven experience in facilitating business studies or teaching
• Strong knowledge of entrepreneurship and business
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
Job Experience: 3 years
Job Education: Bachelor’s degree
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
We have a Passion for progress, you work in an entrepreneurial environment where the sky’s the limit. You develop new workflows, processes, and project concepts. Change is certain, we are rarely “done” with improvements. If this is you on any of these roles, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] Deadline is 30th September 2020 11:59pm.